Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Tell Me the Truth

Tell me the truth - how can you smile
When the whole world is falling apart?
What is your secret, or what do you know
That inspires your gladness of heart?

Tell me the truth - why aren't you worried
About the things that could happen to you?
How can you possibly hold on to hope
When fears might sooner come true?

Tell me the truth - how can you be
So patient while plans go awry?
What is the source of your cheerful song,
Carefree as a bird in the sky?

Tell me the truth - why aren't you angry
That everything is out of control?
How did you learn to be so composed
And satisfied deep in your soul?

I'll tell you the truth - you too can know
This same peace and joy that is mine.
The secret you seek is waiting for you
In the love of Christ the Divine.

~April 6, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment